We are recruiting for a well-established service business based near Newton-le-Willows, who are looking to grow their team and support the senior leadership team, as they continue this growth over the coming months. The business has a diverse offering on a national scale with a multi-site operation, so this role is about meeting all the financial controls and processes associated within their market, and supporting the development of accountability around financial compliance and reporting.
They are a fast paced and forward-thinking business, so if you have the drive and ‘go get’ attitude to think outside the box then this is great opportunity. You will need to demonstrate strong technical competence and also have an approachable and methodical way of working. The role will cover a variety of different projects to support the finance department and other managers around the business, but the main responsibilities will cover :-
- Build rapport with the operational and commercial team and enhance current departmental processes
- Develop a well established and knowledgeable compliance process around the financial reporting within the current HMRC guidelines
- Manage the company fleet, business expenses and internal supplier contracts
- Complete periodic internal audits, reporting results upwards for Directors
- Support the high-volume transactional processing of weekly and monthly
- Be up to date with current HMRC and government guidelines around submissions
This is very much a project role within the finance function and its impact in the wider business sense, therefore this position requires you to have a strong understanding of financial controls, and exposure to a large transactional processing environment. You ideally will be qualified AAT or QBE with enthusiasm to work as a team, but strong enough to lead with authority on new ways to work, across the organisation.
If you are interested in this role or wish to discuss your CV, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment Ltd and we would be happy to review your application.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK based finance experience will be considered, candidates already registered please contact me directly.