Our client, based on the outskirts of Burnley, is looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Manager on a fixed term basis for 9 months, and support the business as they go through a transition period within the team. The business is looking to implement a new Payroll system and refine the current payroll processes in order to reduce time and cost within this area.
Duties will include:
- Main point of contact for any payroll queries and concerns for all staff
- Manage intercompany re-charges to Group
- Manage the payments around health, pension and bonuses for all levels of personnel
- Responsible for processing the payroll across the business, on a fortnightly basis for approx. 250 employees
- Manage all financial compensations or deductions, including all submissions to HMRC
- Work closely with recruiting managers to establish tighter controls and processes around the payroll processes
- Review quarterly tax returns and reconcile the reporting
- Work closely with the FC on the implementation of an integrated Payroll system across the site
- Improve the processes and policies associated with the payroll, promoting accountability in fluctuations
This is very much a project role within the payroll/finance function and its impact in the wider business sense, therefore this position requires you to have a strong understanding of payroll, including compliance, and effective policies and processes. The business is based in an area of Burnley with good motorway links and offers free parking on site.
Minimum experience will include: -
- 3 years payroll experience
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Working knowledge of payroll controls/processes
- Proficient with Microsoft packages, particularly with Excel
If you are interested in this role or wish to discuss your CV, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment Ltd and we would be happy to review your application.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK based finance experience will be considered, candidates already registered please contact direct.