We are currently working with a well-established and reputable practice based in North Yorkshire, near Skipton, who are looking for an Accounts Semi- Senior to join them in this exciting time of restructure. This is an excellent opportunity to join a business who have a loyal customer base and you will be joining a quality team of accountants, who provide a vital support to their customers.
As an Accounts Semi-Senior your duties will include:
- Supporting the directors in managing a portfolio of clients.
- Managing the filing deadlines for year-end accounts and corporation Tax returns for clients
- Preparing year end accounts, financial statements, and tax computations for a wide variety of clients
- Preparing VAT returns for some clients.
- Bookkeeping both on client’s premises and remotely.
- Managing a portfolio of rural and owner managed clients.
- Assisting with client training on cloud accounting software.
- Advising on the improvement of profitability and business efficiency through continuous monitoring.
- Preparation of cashflow projections.
- Providing Tax advice where necessary and complete HMRC submissionsThis is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who wants to join a well-established firm and is looking to work in a blended working environment. You will be an accountant with at least 4 years' experience in a practice and preferably with owner managed business clients, although this is not essential. You will also be a great team player able to communicate to people at all levels and have the willingness to help others throughout the office. This is a fully digital environment and requires someone who can work within these systems to provide advice and support to clients and peers alike.A competent level of I.T. skills will also be expected including Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel as well as good knowledge of accounting software most notably Xero, Quickbooks and Sage.
If you are interested in this exciting position or wish to have a confidential discussion, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment immediately. We actively recruit at all levels in Finance and Accountancy across the Northwest so get in touch to discuss your career options.