Our client is currently looking for a PQ Management Accountant to join their business in a newly created position and support them in developing the reporting both commercially and financially as the business continues to grow. The business has a diverse customer base and has therefore got a varied approach to commercial revenue, which is exciting but at the same time requires quick and effective reporting.
Responsibilities include: -
- Develop the reporting on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis around sales and stock movements
- Management accounts preparation for the two Group companies including the management information pack
- Period end balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L variance analysis and investigations around product, customer, and buying trends
- Completion of the quarterly VAT returns
- Maintaining and improving Financial Controls within the business both on a financial and commercial basis
- Assisting in the selection and implementation of new software and operational processes
- Development of reporting of KPIs across the business working closely with the sales, warehouse, and operations teams
- Working with both financial and non-financial personnel to develop organisational accountability
- Support with the cashbook posting and Bank reconciliations when required
The successful candidate will have some of the following attributes:
- Be actively studying towards completing the ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Demonstrate a solid financial month end reporting background
- Understand the commercial acumen required to improve the financial accountability
- Work with all levels of personnel
- Be a bit of a data whizz – around KPI’s and associated variances
The role is a newly created position with the business to support the current FD, it has the potential to for the individual to develop further as they qualify in the profession (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). You will be a people person who isn’t phased in a fast-paced environment but can effectively work on both financial and commercial reporting to provide insights for the leadership team. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a mark for yourself within an organisation.
If you are interested in this role or looking for work within Yorkshire, Lancashire and Cumbria areas, then we welcome the chance to discuss your CV and experience. Please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment Ltd and we would be happy to review your application.