We are currently recruiting for experienced Cloud Accountant to join a well-established medium sized practice in the heart of East Lancashire to provide bookkeeping support to existing clients using cloud bookkeeping systems. The business has a fantastic reputation in the business community so will be joining a great organisation who have a good team/work ethic.
The role involves supporting the leadership team as they expand their services and offers a fantastic opportunity for the role to develop into a managerial position within the next few years.
The role will involve: -
- Bookkeeping support including preparation of VAT returns and management accounts on a variety of cloud based bookkeeping systems
- Assisting clients with migration from other accounting systems, including advising on selecting the most appropriate package, and training existing client staff where necessary
- Liaising with the accounts managers to provide client year end data promptly after each year end to enable preparation of year end accounts and corporation tax computations by the accounts team
- Providing information to the personal tax team in a timely manner for preparation of personal and partnership income tax returns
- Keeping up to date with technical developments to ensure continued excellent service to the client
- Championing the use of digital tools throughout the business and supporting and training the wider team in the use of digital products
- Supporting the leadership team in the formulation and roll out of our digital and outsourcing strategy
- Providing advice and support to the internal finance team on digital projects
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate: -
- AAT qualified or studying for ACA/ACCA preferably with 2 or more years’ experience in an accountancy practice
- Experience of cloud-based accounting platforms and add-ons, specifically Digita, Kashflow, Receiptbank, Xero, Sage One, QuickBooks
- Wider appreciation of the app marketplace and finance function add-ons
- Proficient at Microsoft office especially Excel
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines and be responsible for your own work
- Good general knowledge of FS102A, dividend planning, income tax, VAT, capital allowances, CIS, employment tax and benefit
In return you will join a close-knit organisation with a good working environment, state of the art offices, socials, flexi-time and healthcare options as well as the usual standard benefits. This really is a lovely place to work!!
If you are interested in this role or wish to discuss your CV, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment Ltd and we would be happy to review your application.