Our client is a small commercial business who are currently looking for an experienced Management Accountant/Company Accountant to join their small, but profitable site in East Manchester, the business is part of a wider Group which is on an upwards trajectory.
They are going through a period of consolidation at present and need better controls and monthly management accounts preparation. Therefore, they need an experienced individual to join them on a 6-month contract basis with a strong chance of permanent once they have been through this initial transition stage.
Duties include: -
- Responsible for the P&L and balance sheet reporting at month end, with supporting commentary
- Supervise the small finance team and provide accurate ledger management
- Manage the reporting and calculations of expenses
- Complete the weekly statement reconciliations and daily bank reconciliations, monitoring the cashflow
- Provide accuracy around the commercial variances about production, pricing, and margin control
- Manage the stock movements, values, and associated usage of materials, providing accuracy of stock values
- Responsible for company payroll for both weekly and monthly staff
- Manage the site overhead expenditure and internal budget control
- Main point of contact for the invoice factoring partner and monitor the timely payment/cashflow process
You will be influential in your approach and streamline the current transactional reporting and wider accountability of finance, as well as develop the reporting pack at month end with associated variables. Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with a full month end reporting role within an SME and be fully confident working with other non-finance peers around the business.
This really is a great business and fantastic group to be a part of, it is an exciting time to join them and have autonomy for financial aspects of the site!
If you are interested in this role or wish to have a confidential discussion, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment immediately.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK based finance experience will be considered, candidates already registered will be considered automatically.