Its so exciting when you meet a company who are growing rapidly and need strong people within the business to support this trajectory further. The client is looking for a Financial Controller/Finance Manager to do just that and work closely with the MD, supporting them in providing some better financial structure and controls as well as advise on the commercial/operational elements too.
The company is well established for over 30 years with a combination of large contracts, as well as some adhoc work with clients. They offer different types of services to their customers and have a diverse range of work enabling them to be the ‘go to’ business on a variety of projects.
They have grown about 15% in the last 18 months and have realistic plans to continue this growth, therefore a strong financial lead is imperative to support the MD. Thus, this makes this an excellent opportunity for a someone who wants autonomy, exposure to all aspects of the business and be the financial lead on site.
Duties include: -
- Responsible for the full month end reporting pack with informative commentary for Directors
- Produce meaningful analysis through interrogation of the P&L and various revenue streams
- Continually forecast and re-forecast the various revenue channels in order to maximise commercial opportunities
- Develop an accurate KPI reporting suite around the WIP, managing variances and monitoring profit
- Responsible for all the company HMRC and VAT submissions
- Manage internal expenditure and budget control across the business
- Work closely with the sales and operational teams to ensure financial awareness and commercial knowledge
- Monitor the daily/weekly cashflow and company bank accounts
- Management of the large fixed asset register, managing all HP contracts, depreciation and on-going values
- Responsible for the payroll of the business, including sub-contractors
- Establish a structured credit control process and manage customer relationships in order to promote accurate collection
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen when interpreting the financials and produce meaningful financial information for the Board of Directors. You will be able to report a full set of management accounts including all the transactional processing and banking elements within a small business. Your interpretation of the financial position and further analysis will be key in supporting the operational and sales side of the business, you will need to be able to demonstrate a strong communication style with non-finance personnel.
Please send your CV to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment and we will be happy to discuss your details further. We actively recruit across Lancashire and Cumbria with finance professionals who are looking to develop their career, so get in touch for a confidential discussion.