We are currently working exclusively alongside a growing PE backed business based in Preston, who are looking for a Financial Accountant to join the company and support the MD/FD in their next phase of development.
The role will be an excellent career move for a recently qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA candidate who wishes to take on extra commercial responsibilities and work closely with the SMT. The role also offers the candidate a clear career path for progression as the company continues to grow.
- Effectively interrogate the balance sheet and ensure robust controls/processes in order to reflect the assets and liabilities of the company
- Influence the current reporting schedule and improve the current timescales, in order to work more effectively with the financials in the wider business
- Work with non-finance personnel in developing accountability for purchasing, warehouse and stock
- Ensure all company financial transactions are accounted for accurately and in a timely manner
- Produce relevant KPI’s and MI in order to improve efficiencies across the business
- Monitor all cash transactions and payments, as well as bank reconciliations
- Manage the small accounts team and develop the staff in order to deliver better accounting information
- Main point of contact for any internal accounts queries and liaise closely with banks, auditors
- Assist with the integration of future acquisitions and associated due diligence reporting, in order to work towards a streamlined multi-site reporting function.
The role is a newly created position due to the growth and continued investment in the business, it is an SME business and would welcome an ambitious candidate who has recently qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), either a first- or second-time mover would be ideal. The role would suit a candidate wishing to make their first move from practice, or you may be someone who has gained solid balance sheet work within industry and now wish to become part of the senior management team within a growing organisation.