We are currently working alongside a privately owned SME business based in East Lancashire who are looking for an experienced and commercially astute Financial Controller to join them and lead the accounts function. The company has grown organically from inception and is well recognised in its field as a market leader, as well as making a couple of acquisitions over the last few years the company continues to grow from strength to strength being led by an entrepreneurial and ambitious MD.
Job Role: -
- Fully responsible for the timely production of the monthly management accounts and supporting commentary for the Board
- Produce the year end statutory reports ready for sign off, working closely with the external accountants
- Management of all the HMRC, Tax and VAT reporting and submissions
- Monitor all accruals and prepayments
- Management of all the daily bank reconciliations and payments, as well as monitoring daily cashflow
- Liaise closely with GM’s across the sites, monitoring revenue and budgetary controls
- Provide detailed P&L and variance analysis covering labour, overheads and GP margins
- Management of the fixed asset register, depreciations and calculations of asset value
The successful candidate will be confident in the production of management reporting and be able to work across the business alongside commercial and sales in order to maximise GP and develop revenue. This is a fast-paced environment across a multi-site organisation, so you will need to be adaptable in your approach and demonstrate a solid understanding of the numbers to develop the gravitas with your peers.
In return you will be offered a good salary, pension, standard holidays and total autonomy in your role, this is a solid/profitable business that is still growing and can offer you potential to grow too!
If you are interested in this role or wish to discuss your CV, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment Ltd and we would be happy to review your application.