We are currently working with a privately owned manufacturing business based in Blackburn who are looking for a Financial Controller to join the business and support the company’s growth strategy as they continue to develop their brand. You will work closely with the MD and senior board members in this newly created position, and provide the financial direction they need in order to take the company to the next level.
Responsibilities include: -
- Improve the current reporting processes and controls across the business in order to report accurately the company financials
- Produce the monthly management reporting pack and present to the Board, with supporting KPIs and full commentary
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting process and continuous reporting on cashflow forecasting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Produce meaningful analysis of market trends, product and region in order to maximise on potential growth
- Provide a solid leadership and financial gravitas across the business with non-finance managers, improving accountability of expenditure
- Manage the creditors reports and liaise with the sales team in order to manage cashflow
- Fully responsible for the year-end audit and all corporate reporting and tax
- Liaise with all internal and external parties including the auditors, banks and investors
- Prepare and process the company payroll and all HMRC and tax provisions associated with it
The successful candidate will be experienced in the following: -
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience of developing a finance team
- Experience and strong knowledge of financial reporting within the manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of process improvement and controls
The role will also involve managing a small finance team, providing controls and stringent processes across the organisation, including non-finance departments. You will have gained some solid experience within a manufacturing environment and be able to work closely with owner managers within the business in order to maximise financial potential of the business’ growth strategy.
In return you will be solid support to develop your experience further as well as a good salary and a standard benefits package.
If you are interested in this role or wish to discuss your CV, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment Ltd and we would be happy to review your application.