We are working alongside a SME business based in Preston who are looking for an ambitious Financial Reporting Accountant to join the company and take control of the current reporting structure and processes, providing leadership across the business in order to report with more accuracy. The company is PE backed and multi- site, therefore there is a need to develop the reporting pack and variables from across the business, with a quick turnaround and transparency of findings. This gives the successful candidate the chance to make their mark and define their role in this newly created position.
Duties include: -
- Produce the full monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors and investors, including informative commentary and explanation of variances
- Manage the statutory reporting for the Group
- Main point of contact for HMRC, VAT and bank queries
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process and continually monitor variances
- Consolidate the group accounts for multi-site entities on a monthly basis
- Report accurately on the asset baseline figures and monitor the variables closely
- Develop the current reporting controls and processes around the MA pack, interrogating the balance sheet in detail
- Strong cashflow management experience, incorporating commercial contracts, payment agreements and cash collection processes
- Strengthen the current stock management systems and the flow of movements
- Work closely with all levels of personnel, including Board level, sales and operational staff in order to enhance effect change
The successful candidate will already have extensive experience of balance sheet controls and processes which incorporate complex reconciliations and stock movements information, with specific focus around the commercial elements of the reporting. You will be experienced with an integrated ERP system and confident with Excel, being able to communicate your findings with non-finance and demonstrate gravitas in your financial abilities in order to influence the wider business.
Please send your CV to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment and we will be happy to discuss your details further. We actively recruit across Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Cumbria with finance professionals who are looking to develop their career, so get in touch for a confidential discussion