We are currently recruiting for a well-established PE backed business in Preston, who are looking for a solid Management Accountant to join their finance team and report directly into the FD. The role will be involved in all aspects of the business from a month end reporting perspective, and will require the candidate to work autonomously across all departments within the business. The role does offer the opportunity to progress and develop as the business is continuing to expand within its market.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including full commentary for the board of Directors
- Assist with the budgetary control, expenditure and overhead management
- Work closely with the warehouse and production managers in order to provide tighter controls around stock management and movements
- Develop the variance analysis and KPIs around manufacturing costs (labour, material variance, overhead management)
- Responsible for the cashflow forecasting and re-forecasting process on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitor the on going cash balances and cashflow on a daily, weekly basis
The role would suit a candidate who has already gained a solid background within the month end reporting cycle but wants to gain more autonomy in a wider business sense within a commercially focused position. You will work alongside both finance and non-finance personnel and challenge variances where appropriate, influencing decision makers in the wider business. You will be nearly/newly qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) and have some solid experience in the month end processes, improving controls where necessary.
If you are currently looking for a new role within Accountancy or Finance please do get in touch with Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment so we can support you. We are actively looking at a variety of roles for candidates across Lancashire, and Greater Manchester and are happy to discuss options with you.