We are currently recruiting for a growing SME business based on the outskirts of Blackpool, who are looking for a Management Accountant to join their current finance team. The business has seen strong growth after the pandemic and is now looking to capitalise on their previous investments and business strategy. The role will provide an excellent financial and commercial reporting environment for a nearly or newly qualified to solidify their practical experience alongside a great mentor, however you must be ready for a challenge as this business is fast paced……. Are you ready for taking this challenge??
Duties include: -
- Monitor the accuracy of the nominal ledger and associated balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete monthly accruals and prepayments
- Manage the budget process with operational managers, monitoring internal expenditure
- Reconciliations of stock and investigate discrepancies
- Monitor operational performance variances offering improvement and advice, investigate variances
- Manage the monthly reporting cycle and associated timeframes with both financial and commercial figures across the business
- Prepare the month end management accounts pack ready for review by the FC
- Assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process, covering expenditure, GP and sales
- Support the transactional staff with effective processes, resolving queries and mentoring individual learning
The successful candidate will be looking for that next step where they interface with the rest of the business and wish to push their career to the next level. You will already have gained some solid experience with the month end reporting pack and be ready to work closely across the business with financial and operational decision makers. Ideally you will be actively working your way to qualifying within the profession (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), in the next 12 months.
Please send your CV to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment and we will be happy to discuss your details further. We actively recruit across Lancashire and Cumbria with finance professionals who are looking to develop their career, so get in touch for a confidential discussion.