We are working with a privately owned SME business in Chorley who are looking to recruit a Management Accountant to their team. The business is well established and has a solid customer base both in the UK and Europe, with their focus this year expanding on the sales and developing their current market share.
Duties will include: -
- Management of the fixed asset register, providing accurate values, depreciations and monitor leasing/contractual arrangements
- Prepare the month end management reporting pack with supporting commentary ready for review by the FC/SMT
- Work closely with the transactional team, improving controls and processes where necessary
- Preparation of annual budgets with particular emphasis on sales and variable costs
- Work closely with the sales team in analyzing customer trends, products and margin controls
- Monitor the stock provision and movements
- Compile Profit & Loss analysis & commentary for Board meetings
- Monthly responsibility for cash book posting and bank reconciliations
- Preparation of foreign, rental, management, pension, HMRC & ad-hoc payments
- Be the main point of contact for the auditors
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong background in the month end reporting cycle as well as management of the nominal ledgers, you will be confident in your approach and be able to influence some current processes as well as encourage key decisions makers of the wider business to be more accountable.
Alongside this you will have an excellent level of Excel and integrated ERP systems, therefore being able to gather data with ease. Ideally you will be qualified within the profession, although someone with good experience with the month end reporting in the UK would be considered.
Please send your CV to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment and we will be happy to discuss your details further. We actively recruit across Lancashire and Cumbria with finance professionals who are looking to develop their career, so get in touch for a confidential discussion.