Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant/Bookkeeper who can work in this busy practice based in Blackburn and provide solid accounting services to their growing portfolio of clients. The business is an excellent employer and has a great reputation in the North West business community so you will be in good hands, they have a strong presence in the SME market and this role will work with those owner managers to support them in producing their business accounts.
You will be able to work autonomously, bringing with you at least 2 years previous experience of working in a practice environment.
Your role will involve the following tasks: -
- Provide a full bookkeeping service to clients ranging from sole traders through to LTD companies.
- Offer advice and knowledge around cloud-based accounting software (XERO/Quickbooks/Excel)
- Complete all the VAT and EC sales listings
- Prepare the management accounts pack on a monthly/quarterly basis for clients
- Complete year end accounts and calculations of Tax/VAT
- Manage effective timeframes for clients, supporting junior personnel
- Build excellent working relationships with external clients/internal colleagues
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in cloud-based software as well as comfortable with HMRC/VAT submissions and dealing with directly with clients. Ideally you will be AAT Qualified, or PQ qualified in the profession in order to demonstrate your commitment to the industry, however this is not essential if you have a solid background within the practice environment.
In return for your commitment to this well-established business, you will become part of a stable team for a company who offer a flexible work ethic, wellbeing programme as well as a good salary, study if required, competitive annual leave and standard pension.
If you are interested in this exciting position or wish to have a confidential discussion, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment immediately. We actively recruit at all levels in Finance and Accountancy across the North West so get in touch to discuss your career options.