Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who can work in this busy practice based near Kendal and provide solid accounting services to their loyal portfolio of clients. The business has a strong presence in the owner managed and landowner markets, with many family-based customers, and this role will work with those owner managers to support them in producing their business accounts.
You will be able to work autonomously, bringing with you at least 4 years previous experience of working in a practice environment with exposure to cloud accounting packages. The practice is fully digital and offers a variety of packages to its clients, but also works on a hybrid working model internally.
Your role will involve the following tasks: -
- Provide a full bookkeeping service to clients ranging from sole traders through to LTD companies.
- Offer advice and knowledge around cloud-based accounting software (XERO/Sage/Quickbooks/Excel)
- Complete all the VAT and HMRC tax compliances
- Prepare the management accounts pack on a monthly/quarterly basis for clients
- Complete quarterly and yearly accounts for clients
- Build excellent working relationships with external clients/internal colleagues
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in cloud-based software as well as comfortable with HMRC/VAT submissions and dealing with directly with clients. You will ideally be AAT Qualified, or PQ qualified (ACCA/ACA) in the profession to demonstrate your commitment to the industry, however this is not essential and if you have a solid background within the practice environment then please do get in touch.
If you are interested in this exciting position or wish to have a confidential discussion, then please apply to Rachel Mitson at Rebus Recruitment immediately. We actively recruit at all levels in Finance and Accountancy across the Northwest so get in touch to discuss your career options.