Currently, the job market is in a state of flux. Employees worldwide are exploring a new world full of flexible job opportunities, enabled by the growth of remote and hybrid working. As a result, countless professionals are starting to look for new opportunities. Around 1 in 20 (5%) of UK employees say they’re looking to switch jobs before Christmas.
Around 26% of the 2000 people in research conducted by an employment website said they were actively hunting for new jobs and wanted to find a new position by the end of the year. A further 25% of employees said they plan on changing jobs in the next two years.
With the pandemic driving massive skills shortages in the accounting and finance industry, professionals are currently in an excellent position to seek out new roles. Here’s why it might be a good idea to start looking for a role before the end of the year.
Why Now is the Best Time to Change Your Finance Role
Since the pandemic prompted a massive shift to working from home, around 76% of people say their work-life balance has become more important to them. This means more financial professionals are actively looking for remote opportunities.
If you can perform just as well in a remote environment, with access to the right cloud-based tools for analytics, and accounting, then you can thrive in a remote role. As many companies search for financial talent to help carry them into 2022 and beyond, the number of remote opportunities is on the rise. This could be the perfect time to test out the benefits of flexible working.
One of the best things about remote and hybrid working for financial professionals is it allows you to work from anywhere in the world, for whatever company you like best. If you don’t have to attend the office to get work done, you can even apply for jobs overseas. This makes it easier to find a huge range of new opportunities.
Outside of the remote working opportunity, professionals who choose to change their position now can also benefit from:
- Talent shortages: There is a distinct lack of financial and accounting professionals capable of working in a flexible environment right now. Your skillset is highly in demand.
- New financial strategies: As the economy changes and companies adapt to run with new working strategies, they need financial experts to help them plan for the future.
- Exciting growth opportunities: The rise of digital transformation is bringing new employment opportunities to the financial landscape. You could be able to land a brand-new role.
Why Not Wait Until the New Year to Start the Job Hunt?
With the new year just around the corner, it may be tempting to consider leaving your job transition until the holiday period is over. In the past, companies have frequently avoided hiring during the last couple of months of the year to reduce paperwork and administration headaches.
However, this isn’t the case today. With many companies still in a state of panic and confusion, business leaders are keen to access the financial talent they need as quickly as possible. Waiting to send your applications until the new year could mean you’ve already lost the job to someone else.
In January, the level of competition you’ll face will likely be higher, too, as scores of financial professionals make new resolutions based on what they’d like to accomplish in the years to come. Applying now is a chance for you to get ahead of the competition.
Making sure you start your job search before the new year begins also means you can:
- Exploit transition periods: Many companies will be looking to get their budgeting and financial strategies ironed out as early as possible in the New Year. Getting a financial expert like you on board before 2021 is over will help put their minds at ease.
- Make the most of business resolutions: Just as people start making resolutions at the end of the year to help them change for the better, businesses can often do the same thing. C-Suites and executives will be getting together at the end of the year to determine what they want to do differently in 2022. This could include leveraging the skills of a new financial professional. Showing your employer that you can help them grow in 2022 will help them end the year positively.
- You can grab opportunities before they’re listed: With the help of a specialist recruitment company, you might even be able to make an employer aware of their need for a new financial professional before they start posting job descriptions. This is a great way to avoid facing too much competition.
With the assistance of a specialist financial recruitment company to help you stand out among other candidates in your field, you could have your new job opportunity as the ultimate festive gift to yourself. This means you can avoid the January blues and start the new year the right way.
Reaching out to a financial recruitment team is the first step in applying for the best opportunities, just in time for the new year. Your financial recruitment company will be able to advise you on who might be looking for talent right now and how you can boost your chances of getting the right job. Contact Rebus Recruitment today to find out how we can help you get that ideal job in time for the new year. You can reach us through email or on 01282 930 930
About Rebus Financial Recruitment
Rebus Financial Recruitment provides a specialist and focused recruitment service to its customers, which historically range from various organisations, including SMEs, to large PLCs.
We strive to offer both the client and candidate a seamless recruitment experience. Using our expertise, we get to the heart of employer and employee needs, and, in doing so, we match the two perfectly. To find out more, get in contact with one of our team today, or you can call us on 01282 930930.